Roles and responsibilities of a Retail Sales Assistant:
- Your time will be spent working closely with your colleagues ensuring we offer every customer a special in-store experience, helping them find products to suit their needs
- We offer full onsite and in store training, and we will provide coaching and support throughout your career
- Answer customer queries, either face to face or over the telephone, giving accurate product information and where possible solve problems raised to maintain a high level of customer service whilst increasing sales.
- You will confidently approach customers in a friendly manner and use your outgoing personality to build rapport instantly
- Accept payments from customers and complete all sales documentation and authorisation procedures correctly to ensure accurate records and adherence to company policy.
- Undertake stock take duties as directed by the Store Operations Manager to ensure accurate levels of stock within the store.
- Ensure store operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
- Merchandising store displays. Lighting, lamps and furniture, keeping them presented and displayed according to the stores merchandising criteria
- Check incoming and outgoing deliveries against the delivery documentation to ensure accuracy. Report any stock shortages or damaged stock to the Store Operations Manager at the earliest opportunity to ensure accurate stock levels are maintained.
- A positive and outgoing personality
- Passionate about people
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Good understanding of EPOS and IT systems.
- Good knowledge of Company products.
Hours of work
Store is open 6 days per week, day off will be between Monday and Friday inclusive. Open 9am to 5.30pm, 15 minute morning tea break, 1 hour lunch break. The candidate is required to be flexible re break times. Free on-site staff car parking.
The successful Sales Assistant will enjoy a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme and staff discount.