Our client in the Toomebridge area are looking to recruit a Outside Roome Retail Sales Assistant on a full time permanent basis
The role: Are you an energetic and engaging graduate with a natural flair for design who enjoys meeting a range of people on a daily basis? Are you looking to take the first step of your career with a company that has clear progression routes, sterling employee benefits and a strong reputation for going above and beyond when it comes to looking after its customers and employees?
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate to join its dynamic and expanding Outside Rooms retail sales team. The successful candidate will be expected to take pride and a keen interest in inspiring our customers to create their own unique and individual Outside Rooms using our market leading landscaping products.
While helpful, no retail or landscaping experience is necessary for this role. A comprehensive induction and training programme will be given to the successful candidate so that they have all of the tools necessary to be a first-class showroom-based sales advisor.
As an entry level role, the successful candidate will be given ongoing support and training to assist them along career progression paths over time.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Embody the company culture of superior quality and customer service in your everyday performance, providing a professional yet personal customer experience.
- Endorse our market leading landscaping products by showing how they will enhance the customer's outside living lifestyle, and maximise sales for the Outside Rooms division.
- Ensure the Outside Rooms Centre is maintained to a high standard, by merchandising and replenishing literature and samples.
- Assist with the day to day running of the Outside Rooms including opening and closing of premises.
- Have the ability to initiate contact with customers and colleagues in the wider company.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Outside Rooms team including Landscape Designers and the Marketing department to identify projects of interest and marketing opportunities.
- Liaise with the Outside Room Specifications Manager to identify and develop relationships between AG and local paving installers.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and be part of the development of our product range by identifying new products suitable for the market.
- Take responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities to better yourself as part of a dynamic team.
- Any other duties as required by Senior Management and the Directors of the Company, commensurate with the role and within capabilities.
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths and English
- Competent and Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software packages
- Valid driving licence with the ability to travel to and from work areas as and when required
- An excellent communicator, who is friendly , polite and very engaging
- Proven ability to be proactive
- Positive attitude with a proven desire to learn
- Medically fit and healthy for the requirements of the role
- Flexibility to work longer summer hours as and when required
- Flexibility to work on Saturdays during the summer months
- Third Level qualification in a Business related field
- Previous experience in a retail showroom environment
- Knowledge of Design
- Experience of construction industry and/or building products knowledge
Hours of work:
8.30am-5pm Mon - Friday and Saturday 9am-12.30pm (March to September Inclusive- with 1 Saturday off per month)
8.30am-5pm Mon- Friday (October-February)