Grafton HR are excited to be EXCLUSIVELY working in partnership with an organisation in central Belfast working in the housing sector, to hire a Risk and Compliance Officer to join their team on an initial 6 month contract with a high possibility of the role becoming permanent after the initial probation period.
As Risk and Compliance Officer, the successful candidate will take a business partner approach, having the ability to build strong relationships and develop a thorough understanding of the business to understand where risks are and ensure appropriate controls are in place.
A large part of the role will be to develop an appropriate compliance monitoring plan and gain support for this through engagement with the business and senior staff, delivering the agreed compliance reviews and reporting the findings back to Senior Management and Audit, Risk & Governance Committee. The ability to provide feedback following compliance reviews constructively and with sensitivity will be an important skill to have.
The Risk and Compliance Officer will have experience working in a regulated sector, who can adapt to a changing regulatory scene, interpret rules and offer guidance to business units on implementation.
Main functions of the role:
- Establish and deliver effective systems to manage and monitor the Association's statutory compliance and local governance arrangements
- Responsible for identifying and understanding new legislative requirements and work with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance
- Support the continuous improvement of compliance activity by assisting in the development of new ideas and best practice
- Define, implement and monitor a systematic methodology in relation to regulatory compliance and wider risk management
- Implement and ensure adherence to a pre-agreed Annual Risk and Compliance Management plan
- Assist Senior Management with compiling data ahead of scheduled compliance visits from regulators and third party auditors
- Help generate monthly MI data and complete business and risk/compliance reports
- Completion of gap analysis and recommend/implement changes including updating Compliance Policies and Monitoring Plans
- Develop and implement a Quality Assurance Framework to drive continuous improvement
- Maintain a technical understanding of the business and understanding of the relevant regulatory rules
- Provide advice and guidance to all areas of the business related to compliance and risk values
- Undertake horizon scanning to identify relevant regulatory or legislative change and support key business stakeholders to complete business impact assessments
- Work closely with various departments and across the organisation to ensure consistent delivery of business objectives
- To work in accordance within the provisions of Health and Safety legislation, Policies and Procedures
- Commitment to equality and diversity and to encourage the involvement of all members of the community, particularly vulnerable groups
- Adhere to existing working practices, procedures and undertake relevant learning and development activities
- A third level qualification or equivalent , and minimum of 2 years experience in a risk and compliance/ Quality assurance role within a public sector organisation ... OR a minimum of 4 years experience in a Risk and Compliance/ Quality Assurance role within a regulated environment
- Experience in successful development, monitoring and reporting on compliance logs, risk assessments, improvement and action plans; delivering projects to the desired outcomes and within quality, time and cost limits; undertaking quality assurance checks against agreed standards.
- Developing and delivering against a compliance monitoring plan
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office programs. Experience using Visio software would be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, planning and organisational skills
- Able to work well within a team and work on own initiative while developing good working relationships
- Have a good level of commercial and financial awareness
- A recognised Risk or Compliance qualification such as ICA Advanced certificate in Compliance, IRM International Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management or MoR Practitioner would be an advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about the business benefits of risk and compliance and can demonstrate the value they add through their activity. This is an ideal role for someone to get involved with an organisation who work together for a great cause in the community.
For more information on the role or to see a full Job Description, please contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment on 028 90 323 333 or email an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract and Temporary staffing solution across: Built Environment, Engineering, Accountancy and Finance, Health and Safety, HR, IT , Sales and Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.