Risk Management Specialist
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Risk Management Specialist for a leading FinTech company based in Donegal.
As the first line of defence to the business / corporate function, this position implements risk management procedures with minimal supervision/direction. Possesses basic knowledge of risk management techniques and principles and applies them to their understanding of the departments and services. Identifies problems and informs/assists risk management in the resolution of the matter. Provides data analysis in looking for potential trends, as well as creates and distributes metrics and reports to others. Researches regulations, issues, root causes and summarizes findings.
Support the ongoing implementation of the Operational Risk Management (ORM) framework by participating in all elements of the program; including Risk Control Self Assessments, KRI data collection/review, data entry into archer, issue management etc.
The role will involve working directly with Operational Risk Management and key Subject Matter Experts to articulate risks of the focused area and clearly define controls or required action plans to mitigate those risks. To excel in this position, the candidate must possess a high degree of literary skills and technical proficiency to transform technical, process and procedural information into Risk Control Self Assessments. This will be a challenging role and the successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter, with a proven record of taking initiative and leading tasks through to successful completion. This will be a rewarding role as the individual will build up key knowledge of all functions and services. Training will be provided to ensure the individual understands the Operational Risk Management framework and tools required to carry out this role.
Summary of Duties
- Collaborate with members of various departments including shared services across specialists from ISO, Business Continuity, Vendor Governance, Privacy and Risk management and all levels of management) to glean pertinent information from Risk Assessment interviews, meetings and related process and procedural documents
- Use tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Understand IT processes, policies and procedures
- Provide input to overall IT risk assessment, mitigation and subsequent controls
- Plan, develop and deliver accurate, quality documentation consistent with ORM standards.
- Write clearly and efficiently
The ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Risk management however not essential (or equivalent professional and/or academic training)
- Understanding of the IT industry, business functions and willingness to research aspects which require a deeper understanding
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to visualize and illustrate complex concepts for a non-technical audience
- Needs to be willing to travel, if required
- Exposure or knowledge of regulatory examinations/audits an advantage
- Exposure or knowledge of Security, Privacy, Records management, Business continuity and/or Vendor Governance an advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge of Cloud, Cloud best practices, and Cloud Security knowledge.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the FinTech Industry and the possibility of US travel.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07384 513 095 for a confidential chat.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.