Salon Operations Manager
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Salon Operations Manager to start ASAP for a duration of 8 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.71 per hour
13+ week's £12.71 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Hold a minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification, or above, in Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy PLUS have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a senior position in a hairdressing or beauty salon environment.
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent
Experience of supervising and managing staff
- Experience of planning and implementing salon and sales activities
- An understanding of current QCF/NQF hairdressing and beauty qualifications Levels 1-3
- Knowledge of current salon trends (hair and beauty)
- Knowledge of industry standards and pricing structures
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and requirements relating to hairdressing, beauty and Spa practices
Supervision of hair and beauty technicians
To be responsible for the development of a commercially viable hair and beauty salon for the college which complies with best practice, all HABIA and health and safety legislation.
To be responsible for the daily operation of hairdressing and beauty therapy by: o Scheduling appointments and overseeing reception.
- o Oversee the appointments salon website.
- o Managing the hair and beauty activities including the sales outlet.
- o Providing a realistic work environment at commercially suitable times, including Saturday.
- o Provide assessment opportunities for Training Programme students.
- o Organise/liaise with technical staff/materials orders/maintain stores/ equipment.
- o Manage the Stock control system.
- o Manage the spa area operation, and monitor checks and compliance with environmental health
- To agree and record an assessment plan with candidates.
- To use a range of assessment methods, appropriate to the needs of individual candidates.
- To provide candidates with prompt, accurate and constructive review and feedback during the assessment process.
- To maintain comprehensive records of candidate assessments.
- To complete all appropriate documentation required by the Assessment Centre and the awarding body.
- To support candidates in portfolio building in accordance with programme time table.
- To ensure remedial action is taken where necessary to amend assessment plan with individual candidates.
- To provide one-to-one support to candidates who have been slow to progress in order to facilitate successful completion of the Award.
- To attend assessor and standardisation meetings as required.
- To ensure that professional competence is maintained and regularly review legislation, guidelines, policies etc. to ensure that National Occupational Standards are met at all times.
- To identify and assess risk as part of the risk management team.
- Undertake other appropriate duties in relation to other College activities, such as marketing, recruitment of students, invigilation etc.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland