Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Scale 3 Support Technician required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Scale 3 Support Technician
Rate of Pay: £8.88
Duration: 6 Months
- To support Service Delivery by assisting the relevant Directorate in tasks including driving, testing, maintenance and transfer of equipment, delivery of equipment, supplies and personnel to Operational incidents, training support, cleaning and maintenance duties.
- To participate in the Duty Standby Rota and respond to support Service Delivery activities.
- To undertake driving duties for the Service Support/Delivery Directorate utilising Service vehicles such as vans and cars and including:
- Transportation of personnel, including visitors, officers, etc.
- Movement and delivery of fire appliances,
- Use of a forklift truck as required(if suitably certified).
- To ensure the supplies inventory within assigned vans is maintained and accounted for in a timely and accurate manner.
- To safely transfer and deliver equipment and materials to NIFRS properties and Command Areas including operational incidents and training exercises, utilising hand-held scanners or similar for the delivery schedule.
- To provide a high level of internal and external customer service.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of NIFRS.
- To comply with all NIFRS frameworks, policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to legal requirements such as equality, health and safety and information governance.
- To direct and signpost managers and officers to the appropriate source for issues outside the remit of this post.
- To undertake any other duties which may be assigned to meet organisational need and the change agenda and which are reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties, responsibilities and grade of the post as defined.
- A minimum of two years' experience working as a driver/handyperson or similar in a service environment which included driving Heavy Goods Vehicles.
- Experience in MS office programmes.
- Possess a full, current UK driving licence category C which enables them to fulfil the full requirements of the role.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 19/11/2018.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.