Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Scale 7 Financial Services Accountant required on a temporary basis based in Lisburn.
Role: Scale 7 Financial Services Accountant
Rate of Pay: £23.18 p/h
Hours: 36.25 p/w - Monday - Friday (9:00 - 17:00)
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To be responsible for the preparation of the Statutory Financial Statements in accordance with Departmental and Public Sector Directives, Financial Reporting requirement and other relevant guidance.
- To support the Head of Finance in ensuring that the Employee Services and Accounts Payable Teams enable and support NIFRS service delivery model in line with the with Finance Strategy and business plans.
- To ensure financial policies and procedures are aligned to the legislative context, Financial Regulations and best practice.
- To work with the Head of Finance in formulating financial forecasts and plans to enable service delivery.
- To be responsible for the effective delivery of the Payroll, ensuring compliance with internal policies, legislation and best practice.
- To review the Risk Register, any internal or external audit recommendations and follow through on any actions affecting the management of the financial accounting or financial employee services functions.
- To develop and maintain key performance indicators and to monitor and report performance against these indicators.
- To manage their teams according to the principles of performance management, attendance management and personal development
- To provide support and cover as far as practicable for the other managers with the Finance department.
- To contribute as required to the preparation of the Finance strategy, business plan and associated action plans.
- Possess a Degree level qualification in a relevant subject such as Accounting, Business Studies, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Be aCCAB Qualified Accountant having successfully completed the professional examinations of one of the following:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW, ICAI, ICAS)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
- Have at least 3 years relevant experience:
- Within a large complex organisation, both multi site and multi-disciplinary
- Of Financial management, including accounts payable and payroll functions
- Of managing a group of professional finance staff
- Demonstrable experience of:
- Developing financial solutions for customers and allocating resources to strategic organisational priorities to ensure effective service delivery;
- Using financial information to make a significant impact on corporate strategic decision making.
- Accounting for Pensions
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a successful track record in developing and maintaining productive working relationships
- Excellent planning skills and ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines
- Delivery of high quality work with excellent attention to detail
- Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Wednesday 5th December 2018.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.