Our well established client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a Scheduler to join their team on a temporary 6 months assignment.
- Responsible for the procurement of materials via Sage system using Bill of material, MRP and purchase order requisitions for bus parts, rejects, re-buys, consumables, chassis components and customer supplied material.
- Communicate purchase orders effectively to suppliers.
- To schedule and expedite material
- Report Daily on constraints likely to affect production.
- To manage the engineering process, to purchase new parts, analyze existing stock and also at the suppliers and if necessary authorize disposal.
- Monitor stock levels and minimize overstocking
- Ensure all purchase orders are placed correctly for current production build.
- Liaise with material controllers to ensure material is always available for production in line with demand flow principles.
- Liaise with supplier on delivery key performance indicators - such as delivery note and invoice queries, kitting and also line shortages.
- Participate in vendor reviews as required.
- To develop, maintain and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Liaise with Planning Department on timing issues related to Bill of Material release.
- To report to the Logistics and Production management teams of constraints to production due to material shortages.
- Collecting and collating shortage sheets for line and kitting, and liaise with Purchasing / Material Controllers regarding delivery dates for shortages.
- To report individual performance and set targets for improvement. Also actively contribute to achieving departmental goals and objectives.
- Participate in Stock Take if required.
- Work and develop relationships with the Production Management team.
- Any other duties as requested by Senior Management from time to time.
- 5 GCSE's Grade C+ to include Maths and English or equivalent
- Proven extensive relevant experience of scheduling high volumes of material to meet production demands
- Computer literate with experience of spreadsheets and databases
- Experience in use of MRP Systems minimum 3 years
- Suitable experience in scheduling to a build programme minimum 3 years
- Knowledge of material scheduling in a high volume manufacturing process
- Influencing/persuasive skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive in your role
- Ability to act as a member of a team
- Highly driven
- Able and willing to work overtime if required
- Current driving license
- BTECH in engineering or similar qualifications
- Institute of Purchasing qualification
- European driving licence Extensive experience in a purchasing environment
- Knowledge of demand flow principles
- Knowledge of supply chain and and logistics management