Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Science Technician to start ASAP. This role is temporary ongoing.
Pay rate: £9.42 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT3
Hours: 8:30AM- 4:30PM (36)
- Level 3 Qualification in Biology/ Chemistry related subject.
- To participate in the operation of the practical learning environment in accordance with agreed College procedures.
- To prepare and lay out equipment and other materials for practical activities, classes and assessments.
- To clean and maintain equipment, including and carrying out simple repairs dealing with storage and labelling.
- Tidy up and clean materials including laundry duties, to ensure a safe and hygienic working environment at all times.
- To inform the relevant person of broken equipment.
- To maintain up-to-date records.
- To maintain documentation and systems e.g. on the loan and operation of equipment.
- Health and Safety
- Participate in the operation of the practical learning environment in accordance with agreed College procedures.
- Create and maintain an environment for student learning that is constantly monitored to ensure it adheres to professional standards and is clean and safe.
- Operate within appropriate Health and Safety standards and carry out risk assessments as directed.
- Instruct staff and students on Health and safety matters relevant to specialist equipment.
- To provide a safe, reliable, high-quality and responsive technical service to students and lecturers. Facilitating the practical aspects of main subjects within the curriculum area.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Fiona Magee will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland