Seasonal Enforcement Officer
The Client: Local Government body based in Newcastle, serving local residents.
The Role: The post-holder will be required to liaise with personnel from relevant agencies to deliver a service which aims to tackle crime & ant-social behaviour in the local area. Undertaking high visibility, directed foot patrols to deter & detect anti-social behaviour, including joint PSNI patrols. Enforce relevant sections of legislation, including the Litter (NI) Order, the Dogs (NI) Order, Council By-laws & any other legislation, in so far as it may relate to the functions of the post. Such enforcement should include the issuing of fixed penalty fines as & when appropriate.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
* Minimum of 4 GCSEs including English & Maths (Grade C ) or equivalent AND at least 1 year's experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Enforcement of legislation
o Crime prevention
o Active involvement in Community Liaison groups
* OR (in lieu of qualification) a minimum of 2 years' experience in one or more of the areas detailed above.
* Experience of carrying out investigations & preparing reports for management
* Experience of lone working
* Knowledge of typical anti-social behaviour issues within Northern Ireland
* Knowledge of legislation relevant to the role
* A current driving licence or access to transport to meet the requirements of the post
* The ability to work on a flexible rota which includes evenings, weekends & public/bank holidays as required
* Must be willing to undergo a Basic AccessNI check
* Experience of Inter-Agency i.e. PSNI, NIHE or Community Development work
* Rates of Pay: £10.92 p/hr
* Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.