Senior Associate, IT Infrastructure (Saas)
Location: Letterkenny Co Donegal
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Associate, IT Infrastructure (Saas) based in Letterkenny Co Donegal.
My Client has a requirement for a Specialist Engineer to provide technical support to GBTS SaaS team. Software as a service (SaaS) is a software licensing and delivery model on the cloud in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted. My Client uses the SaaS delivery model for many business applications across the company using a thin client supporting office software, messaging software, content management, DBMS software, management software and many more.
The ideal candidate(s) will have a solid understanding of Distributed Computing with Knowledge of multiple vendor technologies, methodologies and platforms. As the team evolves, there is an initiative to move our Microservices to the cloud, with the ideal candidate deeply involved in the thought process, design and implementation of this project.
The team works in a high-profile environment where early and appropriate software fixes and responses are essential to meet release deadlines.
- A recognized third level IT qualification and experience in working in a technical environment with strong troubleshooting knowledge
- Previous Software development and cloud knowledge i.e AWS/Azure/Google
- ITIL certifications a plus.
Technical skills required
- Experienced in complete Software Development Lifecycle including Requirement analysis, System design, Program Coding and Unit Testing, System and Integration Testing, Implementation and Support, Quality Assurance, Documentation, Presentation and Training
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java J2EE platforms
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Experience in Spring Framework - Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- Experience working with REST, SOAP webservices and Apigee
- Hands on experience in Linux environment admin and shell scripting (Bash, ksh)
- Monitoring and Log Management tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace and NewRelic
- Tomcat, Maven, Bit-Bucket, GIT, Postman, Swagger, JIRA and ServiceNow
- Hands on knowledge of working on Cloud computing/platforms - In particular, AWS - Google and Azure are nice to have as we further develop within an ever-evolving cloud driven environment.
- At least one container orchestration platform as we prepare to containerize our microservices
Soft skills required
- At least 2 to 3 years' experience working in a software development/engineer role.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate into application features
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Must have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, ability to follow instructions and positive attitude.
- Must have ability to multitask and manage priorities with little supervision.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Must be a proactive, self-driven individual with technical ability and initiative who can deliver with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities with ability to develop people and processes.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, creativity and analysis skills.
- Ability to lead, coordinate and manage projects.
- Suggest and implement Process Improvements and Innovations.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the relevant applications and become a subject matter expert (SME) in their discipline. It will involve working with management as well as end users and business partners. Should be able to work independently or as part of a team, possess excellent communication skills and can work proactively.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
** Only applicants who hold the full right to work will be considered for this role. Sponsorship will not be provided. **