Role: Senior Business-Systems Analyst
Location: Letterkenny Co Donegal
My client is seeking a Business-Systems Analysts to work with Corporate HR in the US within the business area of 'Corporate Compensation' and the applications\systems which support this function. This role will be focused in the area of Market Insights
The selected candidate will work alongside an existing Data Analytics team working for Corporate HR.
This is a Business-facing IT role in which the Business-Systems Analyst will be required to develop a detailed understanding of the client business and the applications\systems supporting that business. This role requires a strong understanding of 'Data as a Service' (DaaS), Data Analysis and Data Visualization.
The Business-Systems Analyst will apply the knowledge acquired to improve and increase the success of the business by working with both the business and technical teams who are responsible for building, modifying and maintaining solutions that support the business. The Analyst shall be expected to drive the operational needs of the project
Key to this role are the skills, abilities, and techniques required to act as the 'enabling bridge' between the Business Stakeholders and technical data team with the emphasis on representing the Business need throughout. The successful candidate should have previous experience delivering as part of an Agile team and possess the ability to help the transition to a more agile framework and drive business value for our HR Partners.
Elements particular to this role
- Experience eliciting, defining and analysing reporting requirements
- Experience in identifying, understanding and capturing\modelling Business operational processes. With the aim of working with stakeholders to rationalize\improve these processes
- Knowledge of data lakes, databases and reporting technologies such as Cognos
- Agile delivery
- Strong stakeholder management
The Business-Systems Analyst role involves a combination of responsibilities, tasks, and deliverables. The Analyst:
- Will work with all Stakeholders and Project Management to determine and define the business challenges\objectives
- Will work with all Stakeholders and Project Management to define the scope and priorities
- Will engage with all Stakeholders to elicit, analyse, document, verify and validate business & functional requirements using relevant and applicable techniques
- Will act as the conduit and 'enabling bridge' between the Business Stakeholders and technology, effectively communicating requirements and the knowledge gained throughout the entire Project
- Will be required to inform, support and verify the solution design process to ensure it aligns with the business requirements
- Drive operational support
- Will assess the impact of any change in requirements and communicate with Business
- Will support and inform the Data Analysts, QA, and UAT phases
- Required to provide constructive input to QA and UAT test plans
The Business-Systems Analyst will have a sufficient understanding of the systems and the underlying data to be able to engage and communicate effectively with all stakeholders regarding requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a recognized college/university IT-related qualification
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a Business-Systems Analyst role
- Experience working in an Agile is required
- Experience in Word, Excel, Visio, etc. (knowledge of other tools e.g. JIRA, Enterprise Architect, etc may also be advantageous)
- Previous experience working with Data Analytics and DaaS
- Previous experience of HR Comp business is desirable but not essential
- Ability to develop high-quality requirements as required within scheduled time-frame and budget adhering to Pramerica standards
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasker capable of handling multiple projects at any one time
- Excellent organizational skills
- Perform all duties in a professional manner
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Proven ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff involved in the successful delivery of projects
- Have a positive attitude and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment handling the management of issues in a calm, professional and controlled manner
- Proactive attitude, ability to work independently and a desire to continuously learn new skills and technologies
- Ability to direct, moderate and negotiate groups
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflicting as well as competing demands. Flexibility to handle work beyond defined responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Manage tasks and assignments with little to no supervision
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, and Procurement.