Hours of work: 9am-5.30pm Mon - Thur and 5 pm finish Friday
Grafton are delighted to be working with a superb company, who are due to expansion seeking to add a Senior Buyer to the team!
The core responsibilities in this role will be to prepare accurate quantities and material schedules, competitively sourcing and coordinating the supply of plant and materials required for our projects.
Reporting to the Construction Director, you will manage pricing and trading agreements and quotations, ensuring our team deliver on time, meeting tight deadlines. Forecasting costs and estimates on a monthly basis along with regular cost reviews with the wider construction team will be essential in this role to work effectively.
As the Buying lead, you will provide feedback and guidance on cost and buildability to the construction team.
- Negotiate with suppliers and building strong robust, long term relationships
- Produce, understand and maintain procurement schedules, raising Purchase Orders as and where required
- Support the site teams by ensuring materials are provided to the specification and programme for the project and contingencies in a place where overruns occur
- Preparing budgets & reporting monthly on costs, overruns, & predicted increases
- Being proactive with suppliers, subcontractors on price increases, material availability, etc.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- An experienced buyer with strong construction experience
- Knowledge and experience of Northern Ireland, South of Ireland and mainland UK construction suppliers market
- The utilisation of the online market for competitive prices
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time to meet deadlines whilst being well organised, resilient and motivated
- Excellent, communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Excellent budget control and cost analysis skills
- Excellent time management skills, working to tight deadlines
Desirable but not essential:
- Relevant construction qualification
- Mechanical and electrical experience advantageous
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.