Location: Co Antrim
Salary: Attractive, Negotiable, depending on experience
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Buyer for leading, renowned manufacturing company based in Co Antrim. The successful candidate will join a growing Supply Chain department as a senior team member. The business operates within technical manufacturing spaces including scientific and pharma.
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating and purchasing products and services from suppliers, which offer value for money, quality service and sustainability.
- The role requires support of the departmental strategic objectives and progression of our preferred suppliers.
- This role involves negotiating; the ordering of materials, including scientific products and components for our R&D and manufacturing divisions, ensuring the inventory status is maintained to provide continued production, while abiding by principles of lean management.
- This role will also require communicating regularly with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods and expected quality within specification.
- Preparing and issuing quotation requests, carrying out quotation analysis and evaluation; negotiating with suppliers whilst monitoring cost and exploring and implementing cost reduction opportunities.
- You will have the opportunity to manage and build relationships with suppliers across a diverse spend portfolio.
- Qualified to degree level (at least 2:1) in a Science, Engineering or Business related discipline
- Demonstrable negotiation experience from a similar role
- CIPS qualified or willing to work towards
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- The ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be driven and self-motivated
- Scientific or Engineering background
- Experience of sourcing suppliers
The successful candidate will enjoy an attractive starting salary, which is negotiable depending on experience.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.