Location: County Antrim
Based within the Procurement Department, the successful candidate will assist in the sourcing and procuring of materials, managing suppliers, negotiation of prices, stock control, cost reductions and supporting NPD and strategic sourcing initiatives.
This role involves negotiating; the ordering of materials, including scientific products and components for our R&D and manufacturing divisions, ensuring the inventory status is maintained to provide continued production, while abiding by principles of lean management. This role will also require communicating regularly with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods and expected quality within specification. Preparing and issuing quotation requests, carrying out quotation analysis and evaluation; negotiating with suppliers whilst monitoring cost and exploring and implementing cost reduction opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to degree level (at least 2:1) in a Science, Engineering or Business related discipline
- Demonstrable negotiation experience from a similar role
- CIPS qualified or willing to work towards
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- The ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be driven and self-motivated
- Scientific or Engineering background
- Experience of sourcing suppliers
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
Contact Glenda for further information.