Reporting to Head of procurement
This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious experienced Procurement professional. You will be assisting and supporting the department to manage overhead expenditure and delivery and identify opportunities for cost saving.
- Ensuring that all Materials and Services are sourced, ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner to meet weekly production and organisational requirements.
- Managing vendor performance on an ongoing basis, ensuring consistent quality and compliance with GMP and GDP requirements with on time in full delivery.
- Assisting Technical Procurement Team with all NPD projects on a raw material sourcing basis.
- Procurement lead for Purchase-to-Pay system, supporting the business and end user needs.
- Establishing and maintaining measurable KPIs for all levels of procurement activities including supplier performance, cost savings and inventory targets, aligning with corporate objectives / targets and reporting to senior management on a timely basis.
- Working with key internal stakeholders to minimise the risk of interruption to supply to new and existing product portfolios.
- This will include supporting the inventory model and minimising stock obsolescence.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a commercial / business discipline;
- Minimum CIPS level 3 or equivalent certification;
- Minimum of 5 Years' experience in a similar Senior Procurement role, ideally in a high compliance / regulated manufacturing environment, to include direct line staff management experience (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, food);
- Highly numerate with strong IT skills, including advanced Excel (e.g. pivot tables, lookups) and with demonstrable experience in ERP / MRP systems;