Senior Care Assistant (Days) - 30 hours
Salary: Up to £20,800 (Generous Overtime Rates)
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained exclusively to recruit a Senior Care Assistant based in Whitehead
Our client is one of Northern Ireland's longest serving Healthcare Providers with a proven reputation for delivering high quality nursing care in all of their facilities. Our client also believes that apart from providing high quality care, it also gives back to the local community.
As part of the caring team, the main aim is support the nurse in charge and to act as supervisor and a role model to other Care Assistants. The other main purpose is to help create and maintain a healthy and safe environment where the personal nursing needs of the Residents are met under the direction and supervision of the Nurse in Charge.
- Provision of Care in accordance with agreed Care Plans by liaising closely with the Nursing staff
- Administer medications to residential clients under the supervision of nursing staff
- Assisting Residents with mobility
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Ensure bedrooms and communal areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene and that wardrobes and drawers are kept tidy
- Liaise with the relatives regarding residents as necessary, remembering that the nurse is the only person permitted to discuss the resident's general condition with relatives
- Ensure all evaluation sheets are filled in daily i.e.: regarding fluid intake, skin care, toileting regimes, general duties etc.
- Carry out Audits as per the Managers Report when requested to do so
- NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care or working towards
- Six months experience working in a similar environment
- Fully flexible to work a variety of hours and shift patterns
- Previous supervisory experience would be desirable
You will receive a competitive salary of as well as a commitment to career progression, internal job opportunities and quality training. You'll also avail of working for a leading and proven provider in Healthcare with an outstanding reputation.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland