Senior Claims Handler
This locally owned insurance broker has been providing personal and commercial insurance solutions to their clients across the province for over 20 years. They are looking to recruit a Claims Technician as a result of sustained growth.
This is an excellent role for an experienced Claims Handler looking to build on their career by joining this industry leader in NI. If you are keen to join a firm that pride themselves on developing products that meet the needs of their customers then forward your CV to me in confidence for a confidential conversation.
- Investigating, negotiating and settling of designated claims, ensuring that Company resources are utilised in a cost effective manner.
- Ensuring efficient progress and update of claims through the system.
- Dealing with enquiries from insurance brokers, policyholders and other clients.
- Liaising with other internal departments and external service providers.
- Liaising with senior handler and team leader as and when necessary.
- Preparation of documentation for cheque approval.
- Reporting to insurers.
- Maintaining FCA compliance at all times.
- You must be able to evidence at least 5 years' experience in a claims environment within the insurance industry, ideally managing Motor Damage or Property Claims.
- Computer literate, with good working knowledge of computerised claims systems.
- Excellent negotiation skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels using a variety of media.
- An effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
- Self-motivated with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to investigate and make prompt decisions.
- Possesses the energy, enthusiasm and ability to work within a demanding environment that requires a hands-on approach.
- Highly competitive salary.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Life Assurance.
- Exam support.
- Free on-site parking.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.