Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
Reporting To: Engineering Manager
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Design Engineer to work for a market leader within the Crushing and Screening industry. The Senior Design Engineer will work along side the Engineering Manager to meet the clients customers needs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Supervise and support the Design Team
· Work to continuously develop improvements to company products
· Works in partnership with the sales team, giving technical advice
· Manage multiple projects and adhering to deadlines.
· Produce project status reports
· Attend meetings as required with the Senior Management Team, giving input, feedback and presenting information as required to feed into the culture of continuous improvement.
· Manage all projects in line with the clients policies and procedures, quality standards and relevant health and safety and legislative requirements, revising, giving input and updating processes and procedures as required in partnership with the Health and Safety Officer.
· Build and maintain external relationships with universities, institutes or other organisations for the purpose of acquiring new knowledge or access.
· Any other duties as required in accordance with business needs
· Educated to degree in an Engineering discipline
· Or 10 years+ relevant experience
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
· Design experience gained in a manufacturing environment (ideally Crushing and Screening)
· Experienced with Solidworks or Pro Engineer
· Project management experience
· Product development experience
· Awareness of relevant safety standards
· Minimum 5 years design experience
Skills and Competencies
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, including effective presentation and influencing skills
· Excellent analytical, innovative and problem solving abilities
· Solution focused, with ability to work on own initiative
· Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
· Manufacturing Process awareness
· Able to work under pressure
· Dependable and reliable
· Ability to work un-supervised and as part of a team
· Attentive to detail
· Team Player
Remuneration & Benefits Package
You will receive a competitive package, the opportunity to work in an exciting fast moving organisation who are a market leader within the crushing and screening industry.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Huw Lloyd at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.