Grafton specialist are extremely excited to be assisting our client in the recruitment for a number of roles as they enter into the Irish market.
These are fantastic opportunities that do not come around often!
Main purpose and objectives:
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for developing cost effective building envelope designs from concept through all levels of approval to finished working designs. They will help develop and will manage their subordinates to work to an agreed program of delivery for all elements encompassed by the design process. They will always adhere our clients philosophy of Quality by Design, Design for Manufacture and Design for Install. The Snr Designer will keep the Technical Manager informed of job progress and highlight any slippages offering recovery plans to address same.
Main duties and tasks:
- Review Groups client's requirements and develop value engineered conceptual designs under the direction of the Technical Manager.
- Develop conceptual designs into working approved designs for the entire building envelope.
- Feed into the creation of efficient full design programs for each project from concept through to installation drawings.
- Insure your team of subordinates are delivering the required outputs to achieve all target dates committed to in the design program. Where slippage occurs put in place recovery plans within 48 hours to bring the slippage back in line with the original target date and notify all stakeholders.
- Create 3D design models in the agreed format that can be used to create BOM's and STEP Files that can be fed directly to CNC machine Centre's.
- Review the client's technical specifications document for each job.
- Display a strong knowledge of contractual obligations based on the of scope of works.
- Achieve required specification whilst value engineering proposals to the benefit of the project budget.
- Calculate glass requirements and mullion sizes.
- Complete technical and materials submittals.
- Create Material Take Offs
- Review and approve Plan, Elevation, Detail, Fabrication, Shop and Installation drawings and Cutting Lists.
- Employ principles of Quality by Design
- Employ principles of Design for Manufacture and Installation to promote and facilitate ease of flow through both processes.
- Maintain an OTIF of 98% for all deliverables from the design department, ensuring design activities undertaken are within budget.
- Ensure processes and systems are robust, repeatable and deliver quality design outputs consistently. Tracking design change and raising variations to commercial team;
- Tracking design and project programme and recording delays in conjunction with the commercial team.
- Work with the Quality department to address design led quality concerns through effective controls and Root Cause analysis.
- Ensure the delivery of department Goals & Objectives as set out by the management team.
- Ensure department practices and documentation are maintained and in line with the companies IMS for Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental.
- Ensure all designs and materials are certified and in line with latest relevant building regulations and or the specification called up in the client's specification or contract.
- Proficient in BIM Level 4 software and execution of projects in same.
- Support a LEAN Academy that will teach all levels of employees the fundamentals and tools of Lean and Cl. Additionally, show employees how to use these learning's in their day in day out job function to the betterment of their role and the overall organisation.
- Keep up to date with latest developments in software systems, design techniques and materials and be responsible for the controlled introduction of same into the company.
- Monitor and report performance for design processes and resources.
- Together with the Technical Manager identify candidates for development and progression.
- Develop and mentor your subordinates.
- Play an active role in supporting site Environmental and Health and Safety performance.
Min essential skills and qualifications:
- Minimum Design Engineering Degree level qualification.
- Proficiency in a variety of Autocad, Solid Works, Revit, Rhino, Logikal BIM
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in an equivalent level role.
- A history of design deliverables for a number of high value projects
- Posses a strong knowledge of a variety of aluminium systems and other facade element materials.
- Demonstrate strong mentoring, leadership and motivational qualities.
- Be Flexible and dynamic in approach in terms of your role and deliverables
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, ERP and/or other scheduling software.
Salary €50000 ( Highly negotiable for the correct candidate who is able to demonstrate their experience )
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Graham Snoddy at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.