Role: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer for a leading sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions company based in Antrim.
Playing a key role in the emerging BMS systems engineering activities within the business and with key partners and customers.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer for BMS initiative is integral in developing next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for automotive, industrial and ESS applications. The role includes:
Embedded Software Engineering for BMS product development, working with internal and external customers to define software architecture, requirements, creating software design and supporting software acceptance testing, implementing in C
· Software Engineering or Electrical / Electronic Engineering related discipline (minimum 2:1)
· Minimum of 7 years in relevant industries in an embedded software design role
· Advanced Embedded C language skills, knowledge of microcontrollers and peripherals, low level device drivers and of communications protocols such as CAN, Flexray, SPI, I2C. Experience with over the air communications would be an advantage.
· Excellent team working and communication skills
· Functional safety and cybersecurity skills
· Knowledge of high voltage battery system and BMS
· Excellent understanding of software development processes, like Agile or v-model, skilled in the use of source control tools such as SubVersion/GIT and be familiar with the full product development lifecycle.
· Familiar with scripting languages, working knowledge of RTOS's, hardware peripherals and hardware interfaces, the implementation of algorithms and/or communication stacks on embedded targets Experience with MISRA C and static analysis
· Experience of test driven development
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.