Senior Energy Policy Advisor
At Grafton Recruitment we have an opportunity available for a Senior Energy Policy Advisor to join a dynamic and prominent energy company experiencing huge growth at this time.
The successful candidate will join a challenging, fast-moving, collaborative and team-oriented work environment driven by performance, knowledge and continual development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead a team in providing the necessary thought leadership on energy policy developments in Europe to support the transition to a low carbon future for Ireland and Northern Ireland and the development of a well-functioning electricity market in Europe.
- Act as a representative on key pan-European TSO committees and working groups with a view to realising the development of a well-functioning Europe-wide electricity market.
- Provide thought leadership input to wholesale electricity market developments in Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Act as a primary point of contact and subject-matter-expert on EU energy policy and market development approaches across Europe
- Provide thought leadership input to the approaches required to achieve compliance with the EU's energy market regulations
Applicants must meet the below requirements:
- A degree in economics or a related discipline and have a minimum of 8 years experience in a team lead, policy development/analyst role in a multidisciplinary environment
- The ability to lead, guide, persuade and influence others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities, coupled with the ability to make reasoned judgements based on available information
- Experience of advising a sector-specific regulator or governmental organisation, and/or of working in an energy environment
- Experience of drafting policy papers independently and as part of a team for publication Experience of leading diverse groups of individuals with differing backgrounds or perspectives to achieve a common goal
- Extensive knowledge of EU energy policy and be able to draft documentation in a rational, evidence-based, clear and concise manner.
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership in the development of and support of an organisation's strategic objectives and possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
This is a permanent position that will offer a salary in the region of €65.000 - €80,000 (DOE) along with an attractive benefits package. To be considered please send an up to date version of your cv for immediate review via the enclosed link.
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Laura Craughwell on 01 4505288.