Senior Finance Officer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Finance Officer for a 2 month contract based in Belfast.
My client is a leading player in the charitable industry. With flexible working and a culture of empowering their employees, this is a great place to work for someone who wants to gain valuable experience with an established business.
The Senior Finance Officer will manage the day-to-day financial and administration activities in an efficient and effective manner.
- To assist and ensure all payment requisitions are accurate, concise and comply with company policies and guidelines
- To maintain and update all relevant ledgers/ spreadsheets
- Carry out reconciliations as required and substantiate the accuracy of entries
- Account for and reconcile payments received
- To maintain the sales and purchase ledgers
- To prepare quarterly bank reconciliation statements
- To prepare financial reports as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of grant fund monitoring returns on a quarterly basis.
- Liaise with funders regarding verification visits, prepare all documentation for inspection and assist with any queries
- Part Qualified (IATI, ACCA)
- Experience in computerised accounts preferably using Pegasus Opera
- At least 3 years recent relevant experience of sales and purchase ledgers
- Relevant experience of using computer spreadsheets for financial reporting (preferably Microsoft Excel)
- The ability to prioritise workloads and work to deadline
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in an environment which encourages support and progression.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Leanne Mitchell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland