Senior Financial Analyst
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Our client a public sector body based in Dublin City Centre are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analysts to join their team. This role will be a fixed term contract up until the end of 2020.
The Role: The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the analysis, validation, interpretation and delivery of timely and accurate financial and activity information in regard to programme service planning, resource management and control, budgeting and variance analysis and interaction with the Business Planning Team.
Financial Analysis - Service financial planning and control
- Analysis, validation, interpretation and delivery of timely and accurate financial and activity information to executive and business management
- Engage with EMT/business unit managers to understand and deliver information requirements including costing analytics, financial and statistical data and variance analysis creating financial models for decision support
- Work closely with team leader and Chief Financial Officer in planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Provision of financial assistance and insight to enable robust financial forecasting and preparation of budgets and variance analysis
- Prioritisation of activities to ensure adherence to deadlines
- Assisting and Deputising for Team Leader as required
- Development of reports to management on specific programme financial and activity requirements
- Highlight key trends in metrics and provide insight and comparison across the business
- Critical analysis of information leading to timely decision making
Project Management, Risk Management & Governance
- Lead and/or contribute to a wide variety of projects or initiatives as they arise
- Assist in the identification and reporting of issues of risk both from programmatic and corporate perspective
- Identifying and driving process improvements
- Work closely with the financial control unit team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
- Establish good working relationship with stakeholders
- Collaborate with other directorates to ensure a consistent approach to financial resource planning and control
- Lead, motivate and develop staff as appropriate
- Determine, develop and deliver training as appropriate to staff
- General HR, Learning and Development, performance management as required.
- Any other duties within the general requirement of the role which may be required from time to time
- Be self-motivated, proactive and flexible/adaptable
- Contribute to staff meetings and other internal meetings with appropriate content, views and suggestions.
- Proven strong financial analysis and management experience and knowledge
- Proficiency in advance Microsoft excel is required; familiarity with SQL, business intelligence tools, and access.
- Proficient in other MS packages e.g. Word, Outlook, Access
- Professional recognised accounting / financial qualification.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
- Knowledge of Government Accounting Regulations
- Understanding of the Irish language
- Drivers licence & provision of car for business purposes
- Excellent salary on offer €48,812 starting salary
- Excellent benefits package on offer after probation including pension and option of flexi time
- Contract up to the end of 2020
- Located in Dublin City Centre
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative public body
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.