Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit temporary Senior Procurement Officer 's to start ASAP for a duration of 6-8 Months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00
13+ week's £15.67
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Be a current Full member (MCIPS) of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years experience, gained within the last 6 years
- Provide advice and guidance to clients on procurement matters;
- Develop tender and contract documentation in line with public procurement policy and best practice;
- Implement and manage procurements to deliver Value for Money (VfM) solutions within the public procurement policy, legal and accountability frameworks;
- Manage, motivate and develop a procurement team, achieving agreed business objectives including targets and savings through market assessment and interpretation of Management Information (MI);
- Apply performance management system to ensure performance meets business objectives;
- Support clients by monitoring supplier performance and driving quality and service improvements at supplier and sector levels to demonstrate benefits of working collaboratively;
- Monitor resources and reporting progress against business objectives to the Procurement Category Manager;
- Work collaboratively with other Northern Ireland CoPEs and other national procurement units to maximise efficiencies and VfM in terms of procurement within specified categories;
- Develop expertise in specific portfolio areas within agreed categories to develop appropriate sourcing, pricing and assessment strategies;
- Ensure ongoing compliance with CPD's Quality Assurance procedures and maintenance of CPD's ISO accreditation;
- Provide management reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other MI as appropriate;
- Advise customers and sector groups to influence their plans to integrate sustainability into future arrangements;
- Implement procurement strategies which integrate policies in respect of sustainability into public procurement; and
- Be involved in Continuous Improvement Projects as required.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Standard Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided and we will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland