Role: Senior Project Manager
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Project Manager, in Letterkenny, Co Donegal.
My clients have a newly formed team merging the following capabilities: Analysis & Design A, Delivery Management D, Agility Services A, Portfolio Management P, Training T' into one team. We are a team of around 200 professionals working across all business units and corporate centers. Their team members are located across 4 locations - El Paso, Newark, Letterkenny, and The Philippines.
Our team requires a Senior Project Manager to be part of a core team in the US (but primarily based in Ireland).
- Work with the project sponsor to facilitate the project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing
- Lead and manage projects (business or technical) through the project lifecycle
- Be adaptable in delivery approach leveraging the use of agile skills
- Facilitate engagement with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring strategic alignment, clear understanding of project goals and focus on delivering meaningful outcomes
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings;
- Act as a mediator between team members and stakeholders
- Prepare and distribute status reports; proactively manage risks, issues and interdependencies; correct deviations from plans and remove impediments from teams; perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Work closely with external vendors if/or as required
- Track issues and risks and escalate as appropriate
- Use of tools and best practices to facilitate excellence in delivery
The ideal candidate should have already proven themselves as a high performer in the role of Project Management Specialist.
- Candidate should possess strong communication skills, exhibit strong emotional intelligent skills, relationship leadership ability and a track record of project delivery.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential as is the ability to multitask and work with stakeholders in diverse locations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and motivate peers and senior managers in partner organizations and to work across organizations to gain buy-in and build consensus to deliver on objectives
- Experienced in planning, controlling and monitoring projects to ensure projects are delivered on or within agreed schedules.
- Articulate, confident and assertive
- Process driven with a focus on quality and product delivery
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in teams, meet tight deadlines and possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new disciplines.
- The ability to lead through influence and be a strong independent contributor.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strategic, operational and technical management skills
- Flexible and be able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
- Demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to technical solutions.
- The successful candidate should be willing to adapt their normal working hours as required to facilitate meetings with US colleagues.
- Educated to degree level
- PMP, Prince2 or Agile PM certification
- Minimum 6 years of project management experience
- Agile knowledge a distinct advantage
An up to date passport with at least 6 months to expiration is also essential as some travel may be required.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, and Procurement.