Grafton Built Environment are excited to be working with a top brand name in the Fit-out sector in Northern Ireland. Our client are now looking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their successful team on a permanent basis to work on UK and International projects.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, the successful applicant will work closely with Senior Management team to manage the progress of contracts, ensure cost control is maintained, and value for money is achieved.
· To manage and prepare project budgets and allowances
· Management and commercial control of subcontract packages
· Valuation and agreement of contract variations
· Preparation of internal reports including Project progress reports and external stakeholders commercial reports
· Reviewing and evaluating contracts to identify key risks
· Resourcing to identify labour, material requirements, sourcing and obtaining quotations
· Liaising with purchasing / buying for specialist providers
· Liaising with external stakeholders and maintaining working relationships with the site team and sub-contractors
· Preparation and agreement of final accounts expediently after works completion
· Supervising and mentoring junior members of staff
What you will bring:
- Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or a related subject
- Minimum 7 years experience in a similar role ideally within the Fit-out sector
- Commercial awareness and the ability to independently deal with complex projects and issues
- Strong team management and effective leadership skills
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join and add value to an award winning company that places a strong emphasis on their staff well-being.
How to apply:
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.