Grafton Specialist construction have been retained by our client, a leading Residential Building Company who are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the overall financial management of up to three high-profile residential projects.
This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding career with a dynamic and rapidly expanding Company. Our client works to make a team environment that will attract the best people and give them credible reasons to stay and grow their careers.
- Financial management of up to three projects
- Measurement of building elements & preparation of Bills of Quantities/Schedule of Rates.
- Preparing tender documents and analysing tender returns for sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Tender reporting and recommendations.
- Mentoring the other Surveyors in the team
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work and agreeing and arranging payments
- Undertaking monthly and final valuations for works complete
- Preparing sub contract documents and control of contract documents.
- Carrying out monthly valuations for works on site, managing sub contract payments & liabilities, completing monthly cost reports for budget v actual.
- Coding of costs to a specific job.
- Tracking and monitoring of preliminary costs.
- Recording, reporting and management of projects risks, variations and cost overruns. Projected overall effect of any overruns.
- Completion of project close out documentation including final account resolution and agreement for all trade packages.
- Attend project meetings, provide commercial and cost advice as required.
- Contract compliance and management of variations and claims notification procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years' experience with a developer or a residential construction company
- Must have experience in housing
- Must have strong measurement and take off skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of building detail and construction technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven negotiating ability.
- Strong IT skills, specifically in MS Office Suite and Cubit
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of team essential.
- Experience of managing building contracts.
- Strong organisation skills to ensure clear and concise reports are maintained throughout assignment.
Salary - Negotiable
Benefits - Bonus, family health-care, pension, death in service and critical illness.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Graham Snoddy at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Health-care.