Senior Staff Nurse
Salary: £16.35 per hour
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Staff Nurse for a Coleraine based care home with 82 beds
Our client is a family run business with 7 homes across NI, employing over 600 people and has over 30 years experience in the Care Sector, picking up numerous awards for their work and homes. Our client is proud of their values and unique positive culture that is reflective of their relationships with residents, relatives, suppliers and the local community
To ensure the highest standards of patient care are delivered through the effective, efficient and safe running of the nursing home (in the Nurse Manager's absence). This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Nurse to take their first steps into management. As Senior Staff Nurse you will:
- Act as a member of the management team ensuring the smooth running of the Home.
- Meet with the Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Manager weekly to agree a business improvement plan to ensure exceptional delivery of care.
- Work within the NMC Professional Code of Conduct complying with all legal and statutory requirements outlined
- Proactively challenge current nursing practices presenting necessary confirmation and evidence based on research to the Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Manager who will then investigate the matter
- Conduct assessments on potential residents being admitted to the Home in line with Company budget and in conjunction with the Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Manager.
- Liaise with Staff Nurses in the admission of patients, the named worker, G.P. and relatives in continuing care of the patients and relevant individuals on patient discharge whilst on duty
- Audit and record of all medication records alongside the Assistant Nurse Manager (includes disposal and storage of drugs).
- Have responsibility for day to day management of staff ensuring compliance with Home policies and procedures and delivery of exceptional care.
- Ensure that nursing procedures and treatments are understood by staff and are carried out according to established policies and procedures.
- Participate in the interviewing and orientation of new staff.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels at all times.
- RGN/RMN Qualification
- NMC Registration
- Have significant post qualifying experience
- Current PREPP, Primary Nursing, Care Planning and The Patients Charter
- Ability to work set hours, flexible to meet the needs of the organization
- Good General Health (medically fit)
- Must have a good command of written and spoken English and a valid work permit
**ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED**
You will receive a competitive salary, staff benefits, excellent training and continued professional development with career advancement opportunities. You'll also get the chance to work in outstanding, hotel level facilities.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland