JOB TITLE: Senior Stock Controller
SALARY: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
About the role
The purpose of this role is to take ownership of Stock Control function, Load planning, support to Warehouse functions. This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Warehouse Manager.
- Track shipments, maintain book in schedules and address any delays
- Oversee storage of products and keep inventory records updated
- Coordinate regular physical stock checks and counts
- POD process to be implemented and maintained daily
- Carry out warehouse duties, including but not limited to, ordering picking reservation, dealing with warehousing issue's, using the picking system
- Maintaining Goods In booking schedule
- Maximize stock holdings by utilising space within the warehouse
- Report monthly on slow & non-moving sku's
- Support warehouse and business to achieve agreed Customer service level
- Implement, review and update stock control procedures accordingly
- When required, providing back up for other members of the Operations team including holiday/sickness cover and general operations duties when workload demands
- Carry out end of year stock takes with company Auditors
- Manage all stock transactions to include working capital budget, stock rotation, static stock & stock loss.
- Previous experience required in a fast-moving goods warehouse
- Excellent people skills with the ability to lead and to achieve results.
- Experience with Voice picking (Vocal point) a distinct advantage.
- The ability to drive change through continuous improvement projects.
- Experience working with warehousing and stock control systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team to achieve company results
- Experience with Customs & Excise would be distinct advantage
- Strong I.T. capability and excellent data analysis skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Full clean driving licence
- Results Driven with a collaborative style and positive attitude
- Treats colleagues and customer with respect and is always honest in all interactions
- Demonstrate agility by being flexible and open to change
- Ability to clearly explain work being performed to stakeholders
- Contribute to overall team performance, including support and assistance to other team members
- Focused individual with ability to drive personal, team and business growth and maximise opportunities with customers
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland