Senior System Administrator (Architect)
Senior System Administrator (Architect)
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Systems Administrator for a leading manufacturing firm based in Lisburn.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced systems administrator or architect who wishes to join a dynamic IT team. This role requires a senior level system administrator to provide administrative support focusing on the design, specification, integration and implementation on a large-scale end user computing architecture focusing mainly on a Microsoft based platform as part of a complex distributed network.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for our Microsoft Windows based systems, Office 365, SharePoint, E-mail, Teams, AD and applications, and their integration with the rest of our infrastructure.
- Planning, installing and configuring high availability systems (physical and cloud).
- Planning, designing and creating storage, networking and other system components.
- Planning, designing and implementing high availability solutions with backups / disaster recovery for each system.
- Maintaining and monitoring systems.
- Software installation and patching.
- Implementing performance tuning systems based on monitoring.
- Securing systems, networks and individual computers based on requirements and ISO27001 standards.
- Planning, implementing and controlling user and account security rights and restrictions, password and identity management.
- Create and implement the policies for the use of the computer system and network.
- Translate strategic vision into technology initiatives.
- Evaluate new technologies for inclusion into the environment and the technology roadmap.
- Identification of IT improvement areas to reduce complexity and improve maintainability.
- Alignment of technology with business goals.
- Work with stakeholders to identify enterprise level solutions.
- Develop policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology systems within the company.
- Implement Cyber Security best practices.
- Participation in the on-call rotation schedule.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a systems administrator or architect.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related is required.
- Experience with backup solutions for complex multi-system platforms and vendors.
- Expertise must include architectural design, development, migration, management and supporting MS Office 365, Teams, exchange etc.
- Windows PowerShell skills and experience is essential.
- In depth working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Active Directory management or implementation.
- Experience developing/implementing a business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet computing needs.
- Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex system deployment projects in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of security trends and best practices.
- Ability to review and design system architecture to maximize the efficient use of all MS Office 365 tools.
- Ability to create business case for deployment of tools to replace outdated tools in existence.
- Experience in creating governance policies which define new best practices and/or regulatory requirements while meeting business objectives and budgets.
- Ability to review and recommend technical, administrative and physical controls to mitigate risk.
- Excellent telephone manner. Some support will be provided over the phone.
- At least 3 years of experience architecting, managing and automating Windows applications.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a windows environment of 200+ nodes.
- Experience in Windows automation with Windows SCCM, PowerShell or other automation tools highly desirable.
- Microsoft MCSA certification.
- Experience in cloud technology such as AWS or Azure strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of Proxmox, VM's, Hypervisor.
- Knowledge of ISO27001 standards and practices is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience working in a SCRUM environment.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in an environment which encourages support and progression.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Steven Cinnamond at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland