Senior Systems Development Manager
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Systems Development Manager for a leading FinTech company based in Donegal.
As the Senior Systems Development Manager you will provide application development and testing support to various business partners across the company.
This is an excellent opportunity for a confident, high performing, motivated individual who is looking for an exciting career opportunity within the FinTech space.
The successful candidate:
- Will work with various business groups to gain an in-depth understanding of the core business strategies, processes and products.
- Will be able to think strategically and translate plans into action.
- Will be responsible for all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle which includes analysis, design, development, testing, and ongoing support for systems in an environment of diverse technology platforms.
- Will manage a global team of FinTech professionals and be accountable for the performance and results of the team.
- Will be able to effectively manage dependencies, budgets, priorities and risk at all levels.
- Will be accountable for driving efficiencies and value whilst maintaining output and improving delivery quality.
- Will be involved in driving DevOps, Agile practices, Automation, Business Systems Analysis, PMO practices, Data Science/Analytics, Cloud solutions, RPA, Informatica ETL and TDM, Salesforce within supported business units.
- Will be involved in developing and maintaining solutions for front, middle and back-office systems.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited) to the following:
- Carry out performance reviews for team members and ensure all training needs are identified and progressed appropriately.
- Ensure all documentation is available, complete and accurate for reporting and audit purposes.
- Source, develop and manage resources to meet business requirements.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency and output.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years implementing high-profile technology projects within the Investments space.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
- An engineering mindset with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate software engineers.
- Demonstrable experience navigating, influencing and leading within a highly matrixed environment.
- An ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
- An ability to be an effective leader in a fast-paced and highly pressurized environment.
- A deep understanding of portfolio, program and project management principles.
- Has a customer-driven mindset and is committed to engineering excellence and business outcomes.
- Awareness of FinTech industry trends (e.g. startups, disruptive technologies e.g. blockchain, Investments business knowledge etc.) an advantage.
- Awareness of investment accounting platforms e.g. Eagle, PAM an advantage
- Hands-on or management of solutions involving the following tools and technologies an advantage - AWS, Azure, SalesForce, Marketing Cloud, Seismic, Workfront, Cognos, Tableau, Power BI, Hadoop, Informatica, Pentaho, Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, Git, BitBucket, SVN, Sauce Labs, Selenium, UFT, SOAP UI, ServiceNow, JIRA ServiceDesk, .NET, Java, Python, QuantLib, CUDA, SQL Server, Sybase, PostGreSQL, Cassandra, DataStax, mainframe, native mobile development, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the FinTech Industry and the possibility of US travel.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Email email@example.com or call 07384 513 095 for a confidential chat.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland