Grafton Built Environment are proud to be working with a well known Construction and Fit-out main Contractor in Northern Ireland to help them recruit a SHEQ Manager to join their strong team on a permanent basis. The role is predominantly based on site in Belfast, with intermittent travel required to Republic of Ireland and the UK.
As SHEQ Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the Quality Management System' development and implementation on site as well as providing advice, auditing and general management on site of all Health, Safety and Quality matters. Reporting to the Contracts Director, the role is based on site in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland with occasional travel to the UK.
· Provide up to date advice to site management and site staff on all health and safety matters
· Conduct site health and safety and environmental audits
· Assist in the production monitoring and review of method statements and risk assessments
· Ensure on site compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation and site / task
· Control and the distribution of all the company's quality documentation.
· Perform all internal and external audits on behalf of the company's management.
· Investigate accidents and incidents and assist with developing and/or delivering relevant training programmes.
· Review, draft and deliver induction programmes, tool-box talks and briefings.
· The Health and Safety Manager will have the following qualification or equivalent
· At least 2 years' experience in a similar HSEQ/SHEQ role within the Construction sector
· Thorough knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, issues, and best practice
· Proof of working knowledge of quality standards, audit procedures and integrated management systems.
· Experience with ISO systems such as 9001, 14001 and 18001 and working to compliance of Construction Line Health & Safety assessment schemes.
· A relevant H&S qualification such as NEBOSH.
· Experience in the development and implementation of Quality Management Systems, Plans, and Records
· Ability to contribute technical knowledge to proposals and reports
· Full, clean driving license
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this company during a time of growth, to work on some really exciting construction projects across various sectors.
Attractive negotiable salary, dependant on level of experience. Benefits and car allowance available.
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.