MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To provide a range of reception, clerical and cleaning duties and oversee the staff as required.
- To contribute to the provision of a professional and efficient service at Benone Tourist Complex.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERSONAL DUTIES
- To deputise for the Warden/ Supervisor as and when required in the day to day management of Benone Visitor Centre
- To operate the Management Information and computerised bookings system (CampManager) in relation to the administration of facility bookings and bookings for caravans, tent and glamping lodges within Benone.
- To maintain familiarity with risk assessments and maintenance records and report defects in the absence of the Warden
- To carry out reception and cashier duties, including the reconciliation of cash takings with appropriate floats and computerised print outs.
- To deal with customers and their enquiries and provide tourist information as required
Shift Leader Duties
- To adhere to Council's Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety Standards and Council byelaws ensuring the safety of staff, customers and public.
- To ensure that all staff adhere to their allocation of duties as required while on shift in the absence of the Warden/Supervisor
- To administer first aid (if and when appropriate and only with a valid First Aid Certificate) and complete all necessary Incident documentation.
- To assist with the maintenance of any applicable quality awards to ensure that industry best practice systems are in place, maintained and current and to perform all duties in a manner which ensures that a high standard of customer care is achieved at all times
To undertake housekeeping duties as designated within the building and and exterior areas/buildings within the facility boundaries using the appropriate machines, equipment and materials.
To carry out the daily water tests and record findings whilst on shift.
To promote a positive approach to Fair Employment, Equal Opportunities (inc Section 75); adopt safe working practices as set out in Council's Health & Safety Policy and to adhere to all Council's polices and procedures
To undertake all duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
To undertake any other relevant duties which may be assigned including working in other sections of the Department and Council.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE's Grade A-C including English and Maths
- A minimum of 1 years workign experience of reception duties/dealing with the public and supervising staff
- A minimum of 6 months cash handling experience including operating a till and cash reconciliations
Skills and Attributes
- Able to work on initiative and make day to day decisions
- Have a good standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of ICT applications including Microsoft office packages word, excel and access
Hours of work 37hrs per week - rota basis - Monday - Sunday
full availability is required over Summer period
£9.00 per hour