Grafton Built Environment are working in partnership with a leading Management Contractor in Northern Ireland who operate across multiple sectors in the Fit-out arena. Our client are now looking to hire a Site Manager with extensive Fit-out and BREEAM experience to work on a large Commercial and Retail project about to go on site in Kings Cross, Central London. The role is a permanent opportunity with this initial project planned across a 12 month time frame. Other projects are located throughout London across various sectors.
Our Client has evolved from a generalist construction company to a finely tuned fit-out management contractor that brings some of the country's most creative fit-out projects to life. They are owned and run by the senior management team who are actively involved in every brief, allowing for a responsive service. Our client brings a great deal of experience and capability in procurement, health and safety, quality, environmental, personnel, IT, finance, sound business management and business continuity that ensures project success time after time.
As Site Manager, the successful applicant will report to the Contracts Manager and oversee the build. The Site Manager will provide hands on leadership of the construction team on site, ensuring the contract proceeds safely in accordance with agreed plans and programmes, to be completed in accordance with project specification and detailed technical documentation. The Site Manager will ensure that the project is completed to the best industry standards and to the Client's and the company's satisfaction in terms of safety, cost, time and quality.
- Advise and assist in overall planning
- Plan and coordinate resources
- Monitor and control progress and quality
- Communicate with the consultant team
- Provide feedback and progress reports to the client, design team, and key stakeholders
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are carried out in accordance with company policy
- Make safety inspections and ensure construction and site safety
- Assess and minimise risks
- Help negotiate contracts and secure permits and licenses
What you will bring to the role:
- a minimum of 5 year's experience at Site Management level within the Construction/ Fit-Out Industry with excellent knowledge and understanding of construction and processes.
- Strong experience of managing Commercial and/or Retail projects with BREEAM
- ability to read and understand project drawings and information
- a strong level of commercial and environmental awareness
- CSR Gold Card or CSCS Card and have attended Managing Safety in Construction- Site Supervisors training
- excellent communication, organisational, planning and time management skills
- strong people management skills
- logical thinking and a natural problem solver
- Proven ability to build and maintain efficient and professional Client relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this company at the top of the Fit-Out game, at the start of this exciting new project in the heart of the hustle and bustle of London town! A great chance to put your BREEAM experience to good use and build upon this for sustainability focused future projects.
Attractive negotiable salary, dependant on level of experience and current location. Relocation options available for suitable applicants moving over to London from Northern Ireland.
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.