Grafton Built Environment are exclusively working with a construction management and delivery company who work across interior design, refurbishment, fit-out, and construction projects of various scales all over the UK and Ireland.
Our client are now looking to hire 2 x Site Managers on an initial 10 month contract until the end of 2019, with the view to becoming permanent in early 2020. The first project is a large commercial fit-out project in Belfast city centre, with many other projects based in Northern Ireland in the framework pipeline. Project values range from £1 million to multi-million pound contracts. Flexibility required for some travel to Dublin from time to time for team meetings and occasional cover on sites in the south.
As Site Managers, the successful applicants will report to the Project Manager and oversee on-site delivery and progression of the build 24/ 7. The Site Managers will provide hands on leadership to the construction team on site, ensuring the contract proceeds safely in accordance with agreed plans and programmes, to be completed in accordance with project specification and detailed technical documentation. The Site Managers will work together to ensure that the project is completed to the best industry standards and to the Client's and the company's satisfaction in terms of safety, cost, time and quality.
- To work autonomously and together with the Project Manager and other Site Manager
- Technically proficient with the ability to advise on and implement structurally and design sound solutions in accordance to the project brief and client requirements
- Strong leadership and sub contractor management skills to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction effectively
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff on construction methods, technical ability, contractual, and regulatory requirements
- To ensure responsibility to support the Project Manager for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards
- Efficient and effective problem solver
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are carried out in accordance with company policy
- Make safety inspections and ensure construction and site safety
- Assess and minimise risks
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
What you will bring to the role:
- Minimum of 5 year's experience at Site Management level within the Construction/ Fit-Out Industry with excellent knowledge and understanding of construction and processes
- Strong experience of managing processes and workforce on site
- ability to read and understand project drawings and information
- a strong level of commercial and environmental awareness
- CSR Gold Card or CSCS Card and have attended Managing Safety in Construction- Site Supervisors training
- excellent communication, organisational, planning and time management skills
- logical thinking and a natural problem solver
- Proven ability to build and maintain efficient and professional Client relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this company as they continue to expand across the UK and Ireland, to be one of the first members of staff on their team in Northern Ireland. Exciting projects with many more in the pipeline!
Attractive negotiable salary, dependant on level of experience.
How to apply:
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.