Role: Software Design Engineer
We are seeking enthusiastic and creative Embedded Software Engineers to design, develop and test software for innovative products within the automotive market.
Your main responsibilities will include working with other design teams in the company and with external customers to define software requirements, creating software design and supporting software acceptance testing. You will implement software in C and create test harnesses to provide automated testing.
- You must possess a degree in Software Engineering or Electrical / Electronic Engineering related discipline (minimum 2:1).
- 2 years industrial experience in an embedded software design role.
- Excellent Embedded C language skills.
- Knowledge of microcontrollers and their peripherals.
- Low level device drivers and of communications protocols such as CAN, Flexray, SPI, I2C.
- Excellent team working and communication skills - however training can be given to the right candidate.
- Experience GUI development using C++, Qt and Ruby using an RTOS.
- An appreciation of basic hardware principles, low-power development.
- Signal processing algorithms and network programming on embedded targets.
You will ideally have followed a software development process, like Agile or v-model, be skilled in the use of source control tools such as SubVersion/GIT and be familiar with the full product development lifecycle.
The successful candidates will receive job-specific training, coaching and formal training, as required. Occasionally, some foreign travel may be required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, we are committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
To discuss in further detail, please contact me on 02890 323333/ 07384513095
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.