Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Software Developer for our client based in Dublin 2.
Our client a public sector body based in Dublin 2 are looking for an experienced Software Developer to join their team.
- Responsible for the design, development, operation, maintenance, and continuous
- improvement of our clients software systems
- Work with the Technical Lead to develop requirements, functional documentation and
- design solutions for software development projects
- Take a mentoring role with a more junior developer
- The main software development work will focus on enhancing our clients existing digit repository to develop processing pipelines and end-user applications to ensure the orderly processing, management, preservation and online delivery of digital assets, both digitised and born-digital, and their associated metadata
- Further develop and integrate the online catalogue and public web-interfaces
- Provide analysis and programming support for data mapping and conversion projects
- Provide analysis and programming support for systems and workflow integration
- Contribute to the maintenance, deployment and documentation of code produced
- within the Digital Collections team
- Degree in Computer Science / Software Development, or equivalent, at level 8 on the NFQ
- At least two years' experience in software development
- Demonstrated ability to work well with mid-level management and technical and nontechnical staff to discuss functional requirements, write specifications and develop work plans and schedules;
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying complex applications;
- Expert knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented programming concepts;
- Experience of producing high quality, tested code with one or more of the following languages: Ruby, PHP, Java;
- Experience working in Linux environments;
- Experience developing applications using web frameworks (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Zend 2);
- Advanced knowledge of relational database design and management including experience with one of the following: SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL;
- Demonstrated proficiency with team collaboration tools (issue-trackers, wikis, etc.) and version control systems (e.g. Git or Subversion);
- Strong analytical skills and orientation to detail;
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a team- and project-oriented environment;
- Knowledge of and interest in practices such test-driven development (e.g. TDD, BDD), continuous integration, agile development cycles, configuration management, and automated deployment
- Excellent salary on offer €48,028 starting salary
- Excellent benefits package on offer
- Located in Dublin 2
- An opportunity to work within the Public Sector
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 4505288.