SQL Server Database Developer
Location: Letterkenny Co Donegal
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a SQL Server Database Developer based in Letterkenny Co Donegal
My client is looking for a dynamic candidate with previous experience in designing and developing database solutions.
The SQL Server Database Developer will be primarily responsible for developing and supporting the creation of a Data warehouse with supporting reports and dashboards.
The technical challenges are vast and exciting, whilst providing the candidate with ample opportunity to increase and enhance their technical and leadership skills.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business application systems and data relationships
- Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritise enterprise database requirements
- Design, develop, implement, maintain and support SQL Server Applications & Databases
- Apply best practice methodologies to design and implement relational databases, data marts and OLAP cubes
- Design, develop, implement, maintain and support the enterprise analytical reporting architecture, applying appropriate security measures
- Strong Data Analysis and Data Mapping skills
- Contribute to the optimisation and performance tuning of business data warehouse database and file servers
- Plan and conduct reviews of application and database designs
- Create and manage application and database technical documentation
- Create or lead in creation of other technical documents as related to projects and initiatives
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to team members
- Collaborate on project and tasks breakdown, planning and prioritisation
- Coordinate activities with and provide feedback to management
- Participate in process definition and enforcement as required
- Participate in team building and resource planning as required
- The ability to understand Business needs and technical constraints
- Relational database schema design and implementation skills
- Experience using Microsoft SSIS required
- Proficient in data analysis, determining business logic and applying to development
- Significant hands-on ability to perform all phases of the ETL process
- Ability to identify opportunities to optimise the enterprise database architectures
- Implementation and monitoring of validation processes to ensure data integrity
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for corporate data warehouse processes and design
- Ability to work closely with business users and technical resources, as well as independently
- Experience or knowledge of BI reporting dashboards such as PowerBI a plus
- BS degree in computer science or related fields
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver production quality software within tight schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with large financial companies preferred
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland