Grafton recruitment are currently working with their public sector client to recruit a temporary Staff Officer Accountant.
Pay rate: £12.00 first 12 weeks.
£17.23 + 12 weeks
To Start: ASAP
The qualifications required for the grade are to have successfully completed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of the following bodies detailed below:
* Chartered Accountants in Ireland
* The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
* The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
* The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
* The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
* The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy; or
* The Institute of Certified Public Accounts in Ireland.
Access to a form of transport which will permit the requirements of the post to be met in fully may be required.
* Development of civil services business cases
* Analysis of relevant financial data;
* Production of monthly or quarterly management information;
* Dealing with internal and external auditors including the Northern Ireland Audit Office;
* Providing advice and guidance on the use and interpretation and controls;
* Use of activity based costing and benchmarking techniques;
* Management of the financial processing function;
* Management of staff and other resources;
* In the case of NIAO, delivering quality audit work across a range of audited bodies.
Have at least a total of 1 year's post qualification; experience gained within the last 5 years, in any one of, or combination of the following categories:
* Preparing or auditing complete Annual Report and Accounts and/or Management Accounts;
* Preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources, including experience of producing monthly or quarterly management accounting information;
* Developing, auditing or implementing large computerised financial systems;
* Carrying out internal audits in the public sector or large private sector organisations.
Have the ability to write Civil Service Business Cases and progress through the Civil Service approval process whilst interrogating the associated costs.
- Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a standard Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland