Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Staff Officer - Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of up to 1 year.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.50
13+ week's £17.23
Location: Belfast, BT4
Hours: 37 per week
- Have successfully passed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the bodies detailed below:
- Chartered Accountants Ireland
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
Have Excel skills in developing financial models.
Have a least a total of 1 year's post qualification, experience gained within the last 5 years, in any one of, or a combination of, the following categories:
* Preparing or auditing complete Annual Report and Accounts and/or Management Accounts;
* Preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources including experience of producing monthly or quarterly management accounting information;
* Carrying out internal audits in the public sector or large private sector organisations.
While the precise duties and responsibilities of individual posts will vary; posts may involve varying degrees of the following activities:
- Analysis of financial data;
*Preparation of Departmental Annual Report and Accounts in accordance with Treasury and Department of Finance guidance;
- Dealing with internal and external auditors including the Northern Ireland Audit Office;
- Development and review of financial IT systems;
- Providing advice and guidance on the use of interpretation of financial information and accounting requirements and best practice;
- Drafting and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls;
- Management of staff and other resources;
- Provide support for the review of Financial Processes project, collaborating with the Department;s Arms Length Bodies and the Dept of Finance.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland