Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Staff Officer Accountant, with experience of writing business cases to start ASAP for a duration of Initially 3 months Likely to be longer.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.50
13+ week's £17.23
- The post holder must be a fully qualified accountant and a current member of one of the professional bodies detailed below:
- Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
- It would be beneficial if the post holder had at least 1 year's post qualification experience, gained within the last 5 years, in any one of, or combination of, the following categories:
- Financial Management / Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting / Auditing
- Development of IT accounting systems.
- The post will require the holder to have an overview of project management skills and well developed communication and interpersonal skills. It would also be preferable for the candidate to have experience of applying PRINCE2 project management and/or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) techniques in their previous project/programme management role(s).
- Must have the ability to develop civil service business cases and progress them through the civil service approval process whilst interrogating the associated costs.
- Budgeting - monthly forecast outturns for capital and resource;
- Development of Finance Report for Quarterly Programme Board meetings;
- Development of Finance Report for Strule Directorate meetings;
- Monitoring Rounds - budgeting profiling, technical transfers / pressures / easements bids etc;
- Budget profiling - commencement prior to start of financial year and ongoing review during the financial year;
- Development and maintenance of financial spreadsheets - monthly capital and resource spends, historic and future spends and contracts spend;
- Respond to ad hoc queries from Finance Directorate and Investment and Infrastructure Directorate;
- Development and implementation of Construction Industry Scheme operation within Strule to ensure nil penalty charges for operation of the scheme to HMRC after registration (ensure appropriate information is supplied by sub-contractors to ensure returns are valid and submitted on time);
- Querying invoices from sub-contractors;
- Liaison with Finance and Infrastructure and Investment Directorate;
- Gather and supply appropriate information as requested re: Yearly DE Audit;
- Complete annual returns to Finance Directorate;
- Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a standard Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland