Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Staff Officer - Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.50 per hour
13+ week's £17.23 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT9
Hours: Monday - Friday (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Have successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of at least one of the following bodies:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
Have post qualification* practical experience, gained within the last 5 years (from the closing date for applications) in one or more areas of:
- finance business partnering
- management accounting and cost analysis
- financial planning and budgeting
- financial accounting/auditing
- Excellent communication, relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Good IT skills and level of competence in Microsoft Office packages including Excel.
- Business partnering for scientific branch(es)
- Act as first point of contact for branch(es) scientific staff for all financial queries / support.
- Provide branch(es) with regular financial analysis and interpret to assist project leads and Branch Heads with financial management.
- Provide adhoc and/or regular financial training to scientific staff.
- Hold monthly meetings with Branch Head to inform annual organisational forecast outturn.
- Collate findings of monthly branch meetings and provide report in pre agreed format to finance line management.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with Head of Branch and project leads.
- Preparation of any required financial journals.
- Ensure branch income and expenditure are recognised in accordance with accounting standards.
- Preparation of Annual Reports and Accounts in accordance with HM Treasury and Department of Finance guidance incorporating IFRS.Production of management accounting information to assist with financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with annual budgeting and costing exercise and in year monitoring rounds.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland