Staff Officer - Accountant (part qualified)
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Staff Officer Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of 6 months - with the possibility of extension.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.50 per hr
13+ week's £17.23 per hr
Location: Belfast, BT9
Hours: 37 (9-5)
Preparation of Annual Reports and Accounts in accordance with HM Treasury and Department of Finance guidance incorporating IFRS.
Preparation of the audit file in advance of the audit by NIAO.
Main point of contact for NIAO audit queries.
- Have successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of at least one of the following bodies:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
Or as a minimum, part completed the professional qualifications in one of the above bodies or be a qualified Accounting Technician.
- Have practical experience, gained within the last 5 years of preparing financial accounts and engaging with auditors.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Good IT skills and level of competence in Microsoft Office packages including Excel.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland