Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Staff Officer - Internal Auditor to start ASAP for a duration of 6-12 Months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00 per hour
13+ week's £17.01 per hour
Location: Belfast BT4 / BT1
Hours: Will consider part-time or full-time hours
Hold one of the following qualifications and have current membership of the relevant Institute:
- The Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIA, PIIA or CMIIA);OR
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) Diploma in Public Audit (DPA) or Advanced Diploma in Public Audit (ADPA);
Full membership of one of the following bodies:-
- Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
Should have at least 2 years practical experience, gained with the last 5 years of carrying out audit work of which at least 1 year must have been practical experience of applying risk/systems based internal audit principles.
Relevant formal qualifications/professional membership considered by to be of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated above will also be considered.
You will be required to provide documentary evidence of their qualifications/professional membership.
- Planning a programme of internal audit assignments, identifying and assessing key risks and agreeing a Terms of Reference for each audit assignment;
- Recording, evaluating and testing risk management and internal control processes using appropriate audit skills, techniques and judgement;
- Agreeing audit findings, conclusions and recommendations with management;
- Formally reporting findings and opinions to audit clients;
- Assisting the Audit Manager in the provision of a consulting service (including advice and guidance) to help management improve risk management, control and governance, including system development work; and
- Any other relevant duties as required of the post.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland