Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Statistical Assistant to start ASAP. This role is temporary ongoing.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00
13+ week's £15.87
Location: Belafst, BT 2
Hours: Full time- 37.5 Monday - Friday
- Good oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Quantitative experience of analysing datasets and experience of developing quantitative and qualitative outcomes focused metrics.
- Good data analysis/presentation and IT skills and the ability to work with a variety of software packages - particularly Word and Excel.
- The ability to work effectively within a team whilst also managing their own workload/projects.
- Analytical Services Unit (ASU) provides the Department for Communities with a professional service covering statistics, management information, research, analysis and policy evaluation. This work informs policy, planning and decision making in the areas of social security, working age services, child maintenance, pensions, housing, urban regeneration, culture, arts and leisure, community development and voluntary activity.
- The job holder will be part of a team providing statistical support to Engaged Communities Group. The post holder's main duties will include:
- (1) Analysis and review of the Neighbourhood Renewal Outcomes Indicator Framework;
- (2) Development of a range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies to measure the impact of Neighbourhood Renewal projects and working closely with policy colleagues to pilot these methodologies;
- (3) Provision of analytical support at Neighbourhood Renewal stakeholder events;
- (4) Support to policy teams in relation to provision and monitoring of data for inclusion in the Outcome delivery plans.
- (5) The job holder will be part of a busy analytical section within a larger analytical unit so there will be opportunities to assist in other areas.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Fiona Magee will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland