Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Statistics Officer to start ASAP for a duration of up to 1 year.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 per hour
13+ week's £15.67 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT3
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- at least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods; or
- at least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level; or a postgraduate qualification that has included training in statistics and/or social science research methods
- Experience in surveys would be a great advantage although desk based training will be provided on relevant survey packages;
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite and SPSS would also be extremely advantageous;
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational and management skills.
This is a dynamic post and will require an individual with excellent analytical skills. The postholder will support the development of a range of staff surveys both online and via paper questionnaires;
Assisting with the planning and delivery of the NICS People Survey 2019. This is an online and paper based survey of all NI Civil Servants.
Assisting with the planning and delivery of a staff engagement survey for DVA 2019.
- carrying out quantitative and qualitative social research including survey work;
- managing databases;
- statistical analysis and interpretation;
- contributing to statistical and research reports;
- statistical modelling and forecasting;
- maintaining Geographical Information Systems; and
- responding to ad-hoc queries.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland