Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Statistical Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 12 Months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00
13+ week's £15.87
Location: Belfast BT1
Hours: 37 Flexible Monday - Friday
- Skills in statistical data collection, analysis, interpretation and quality assurance are important in this post. Experience of managing, validating and analysing large, complex datasets would be highly beneficial.
- An excellent working knowledge of SPSS, including the ability to write and use Syntax are essential.
- Good research skills using both quantitative and qualitative methodologies would be highly desirable particularly facilitating focus groups, undertaking semi-structured interviews and creating and analysing/reporting survey results.
- The ability to recognise patterns/trends in a wide range of evidence/data that may affect policy and to be able to draw key conclusions from it is important.
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are essential as the role involves consulting with a range of stakeholders.
- Good time/project management and organisational skills. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks.
- Focus on customer service and the need for good communication/consultation with key stakeholders at all stages of the project.
- Good general IT skills and the ability to work with a variety of software packages particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SPSS.
- The role of the post holder will be to provide both quantitative and qualitative support to inform the work of the NICTS Transformation Portfolio. The general tasks and duties are -
- Liaising with stakeholders to determine research needs and designing appropriate qualitative & quantitative research methodologies to address these. This includes designing, managing and undertaking surveys, interviews and focus groups involving a wide range of stakeholders to inform the four core areas of work detailed above.
- Identification of existing data sources to inform the identification of project benefits. Development of robust methods of capturing data not currently collected to ensure all identified benefits can be monitored appropriately going forward.
- Liaising with appropriate stakeholders including SIB and PA Consulting representatives to ensure that developments to data collection systems as part of the line of business review are fit for purpose.
- Interpreting the results of qualitative and quantitative research activities and writing up research reports.
- Presenting findings to a range of stakeholders.
- Ensuring compliance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics when responding to queries, especially with regard to applying data protection and data confidentiality / disclosure requirements. Supporting any assessments conducted by the Statistics Authority and implementation of any resulting recommendations.
- Maintaining links with NISRA Core in relation to the production of Official/National statistics, data sharing projects and ongoing development of service delivery.
Pleaase demonstrate on your CV how you meet each criterion required.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Fiona Magee will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland