Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Statistics Officers to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 per hour
13+ week's £15.87 per hour
Location: Belfast - BT1 and BT9
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- This is a post that would suit someone who has strong analytical skills and is proficient in the use of IT.
- A strong background in mathematics, forecasting and modelling as well as a good knowledge of SQL and Excel software would be essential.
- This is a technical post so the officer will need quite highly developed technical/programming skills
- A proven record using Excel and SPSS is required and knowledge of other programming languages - R, Sequel and Python would be useful.
- The officer will be using survey packages such as SNAP and Blaise and desk based training will be provided for these.
- Producing a quarterly Steps 2 Success official statistics publication to monitor participation on and performance of the Steps 2 Success employment programme. Steps 2 Success is DfC's main return to work programme and was introduced across Northern Ireland in October 2014.
- Producing monthly Management Information to monitor participation on and performance of the Steps 2 Success employment programme.
- Producing quarterly report on activities carried out by staff in Jobs and Benefits Offices and Jobcentres in Northern Ireland on activities to assist Jobseekers Allowance claimants into employment.
- Producing quarterly report on activities carried out by staff in Jobs and Benefits Offices and Jobcentres in Northern Ireland on activities to assist Employment Support Allowance claimants into employment.
- Producing monthly Management Information on Health and Work Conversation intervention.
- Statistical support for wider branch priorities as and when required.
- Tourism Statistics and Staff Surveys Branch is part of Central Survey Unit (CSU) and provides statistics on tourism within Northern Ireland. We also undertake a wide range of online and some paper-based surveys, including staff surveys for NI Government Departments, Agencies and Non-Departmental Public Bodies. This post is within the online staff surveys section of the branch.
- The Officer will be assigned to specific survey projects and will be given the opportunity to develop and apply specialist and technical knowledge and skills to the full range of social survey research including: Sampling; Questionnaire design; Survey methodology; Data collection; Scripting of Computer Assisted Questionnaires; Fieldwork management; Data validation and management; Database creation and management; Analysis; Reporting and presentation of findings;
- The Officer will also be expected to disseminate the key findings, background, content other relevant information for each bespoke survey in order to meet our client's expectations.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland