Stock Control Technician
As a key member of our Technical Team you will support the efficient operation. You will have responsibility for running the day to day operation of our Stores and Stocks, Tec administration on our SAP system and ensuring the warehouse, yard and facilities are kept in good order. In addition, you will support aspects of our Advertising Displays, Wayfinding Scheme and Automatic Public Conveniences (APCs).
The post will require a flexible individual with previous experience of SAP or similar integrated systems, the key being that you have the capacity to quickly learn and master using complex software systems for stock and plant management and are hands on with respect to stocking racks and bins in the stores and workshop.
Your working week will be 40 hours based on 5 days Monday to Friday. Occasionally work on a Saturday or Sunday will be required and a day off during the week will compensate for this.
The candidate should have an excellent level of IT expertise especially in relation to spreadsheets and ideally should hold relevant qualifications and or experience in SAP or similar software systems, Materials Management and Purchasing or Accountancy. Applicants should ideally be qualified to drive a reach forklift or at least be ready to undertake training. Applicants should be prepared to take on further relevant training on a part time basis where necessary.
This is a hands-on role in relation to stock management, purchasing, work order management and facilities management as well as general technical support to the Department. Candidates should must show a flexible multi skilled mind-set.
They will be able to work on their own initiative and have the ability to prioritise tasks as required. They ideally should possess a full clean driving licence or have a reasonable expectation of gaining one in the medium term.
Applicants must have excellent written and spoken English skills and should be a strong team player with an ability to deal efficiently and effectively with suppliers and subcontractors as well as colleagues at all levels.
This section describes many of the likely activities in which the Stock Control Technician will be involved. While not an exhaustive list it's designed to give you a feel for the nature and possible scope of the work of what will be a markedly flexible and wide ranging role.
You will be involved in numerous activities such as:
- Purchasing and Stock Control inc:
- Day to day running of our Stores and Stock Control Systems. This will also include procurement and running stock takes as well as keeping records fully up to date on our ERP (SAP) System in relation to stock and work orders and other systems, including our digital equipment database.
- Sourcing, ordering and receiving goods and services.
- Monitoring stock levels, stocking racks, reporting on trends and utilising the MRP functionality of SAP.
- Assisting in the control and organisation of the warehouse and spare parts usage in the workshops and driving the forklift as required.
- Handling returns and warranty issues.
- Issuing stock including PPE and assembling stock for installations and other projects.
- Facilities Management including yard and building EHS data collection.
- Helping resolve and documenting issues both technical and supply chain related.
- Contributing efficiently to the work of the Bike Workshop to ensure we maximise the quality of service delivered to the public.
- Provide technical cover to all other departments as deemed necessary.
- Assist and participate in training programs as required.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary.